What is Dandruff?
Dandruff is the shedding of dead skin cells from the scalp. It is that condition of scalp that causes flakes of skin to appear and is often accompanied by itching. In some cases, it can be embarrassing and difficult to treat.
Dandruff is dead skin cells that shed from our heads., it is not contagious or sign of poor hygiene.
It is harmless & can controlled by daily hair wash with a mild shampoo. Dandruff usually begins in young adulthood and continues through middle age. That doesn’t mean older adults don’t get dandruff. For some people, the problem can be lifelong.
In general, daily cleansing with a gentle shampoo, help to reduce oiliness and skin cell buildup can often help mild dandruff.
If your dandruff doesn’t get better after a few weeks of using dandruff shampoo, or if the skin becomes red, swollen, or drains fluid, you should contact your doctor to avoid hair loss, as excessive dandruff is one of the major cause of sever hair loss, that may leads to baldness.
Dandruff is often mistaken for a dry scalp but it is more than that. When skin cells die, a certain amount of flaking is consider normal. But in this condition, there is a great amount of flaking that becomes chronic with redness and irritation on the scalp.
Though it affects all age groups its seen more in post-pubertal people and teenagers. Some people may have chronic dandruff, while others may exhibit periodic patterns, with dandruff clearing up at intervals and then recurring, especially during winter months.
Causes of Dandruff
Dandruff can have several causes,
- Seborrhoeic dermatitisThis condition, one of the most frequent causes of dandruff,is marked by red, greasy skin covered with flaky white or yellow scales. it may affect your scalp and other areas rich in oil glands, such as your eyebrows. In this condition skin becomes oily & irritated.When this happens, the scalp can become irritated and produce extra skin cells. These extra skin cells die and fall off; they mix with the oil from the hair and scalp and turn into what we see as dandruff.
- Less Hair WashIf you don’t have regular hair wash, oils and skin cells from your scalp can build up, causing dandruff.
- Dry Skin
Dry skin is the most common cause of flaking dandruff.
- A yeast like fungus (malassezia).
Malassezia lives on the scalps of most adults. Malassezia is found on the skin surfaces of many animals, including humans
But, for some, it irritates the scalp and can cause more skin cells to grow, causing dandruff.
- Not enough hair brushing
People who do not comb or brush their hair regular,they have a slight higher risk of having dandruff
this is because they are not aiding the shedding of skin that combing or brushing provides.
- Sensitive Scalp
Sometimes your scalp is sensitive to hair care products or hair dyes, that can cause a red, itchy, scaly scalp.
- Skin Infection
Psoriasis & eczema also causing dandruff
According to Some experts,
The people who do not take foods, that contain zinc, B vitamins, and some types of fats, are more prone to dandruff.
Dandruff may get worse when you’re stressed or sick. Cold, dry winters can trigger dandruff or make it worse, too.
Symptoms of Dandruff
- Flakes of skin that range from small and white to large, greasy, and yellow.
- Itchy flaking that appears on the scalp or eyebrows
- Around the hairline, ears, or nose; or in the center of the chest or back.
- For most teens and adults, dandruff symptoms are easy to spot
- white, oily-looking flakes of dead skin that dot your hair and shoulders.
- Itchy, scaly scalp. The condition may worsen during the rain fall and winter
- Hair loss
- Scalp become red
- Severe itching
- Yellowish or reddish scaling can appear on the hairline, in and around the ears, or on the nose and chest
- Dry Scalp
Prevention of Dandruff
Frequent shampooing removes flakes, reduces oiliness, and prevents dead skin cell buildup.To help keep dandruff under control.
Shampoo frequent Reduce your stress levels,Try reducing your use of hair products that contain chemicals
Eat a healthy diet especially rich in Vitamin c & Zinc.
Drink lots of water
Diagnosis of Dandruff
Dandruff is a condition that people can do self-diagnose from the symptoms of an itchy, dry, and scaly scalp.Often your doctor can diagnose the problem by looking at your hair and scalp.
For most teens and adults, dandruff symptoms are easy to spot.white, oily-looking flakes of dead skin on your hair and shoulders, and itchy, scaly scalp.
Homeopathic Treatment For Dandruff
- Dandruff can often be a chronic condition, but it can be control with the proper treatment
- Homeopathy has an insightful and deep understanding towards the treatment of dandruff.
- Homeopathy medicine tested on healthy people, before giving to patients,hence they are very safe & effective
- Homeopathy has shown remarkable results in treating all kinds of Dandruff
- The treatment has a very scientific approach to skin diseases including dandruff.
- The treatment prevents relapses and removes the tendency towards dandruff.
- For dandruff, the biggest advantage of using homeopathic remedies is,that it provides a holistic approach to healing.
- It treats not only the symptoms but also the root cause of a dandruff without any side effects.
- Homeopathic treatment has good scope in treatment of dandruff and can help regrowth of hair.
- Homeopathic medicines stimulate the hair roots to promote regrowth. The medicines used in Homeopathy for dandruff & hair regrowth are all of natural origin and therefore, safe for all age groups.
- The main advantage for Homeopathic medicines for all hair problems are the painless treatment & absence side effects.
Dr Aditi’s Treatment For Dandruff
We at Dr Aditi’s Clinic provide homeopathic treatment for dandruff. Homeopathic treatment based on research studies. Our goal is to give best possible results to our each & every patients without any side effects.
What we do for Dandruff
- Case history of patient to be taken
- Computerized scalp checkup to be done
- Homeopathic medicine to be given after knowing the severity of dandruff. This helps to reduce dandruff within few days & also decreases redness & itching
- We provides Homeopathic oils that gives nutrition to hair roots
- We provides Homeopathic Shampoos that
Calms the Itch,
keeps hair beautiful ,strong, shiny and looking great!
- We provides Hair Nourishment Pack that
Reduces the Itch
Helps to clean scalp
Nourishes hair roots
It is hair volume booster pack
Helps to control hair loss
Reduce & get rid of dandruff
- We offer Dandruff Removal Therapy that can help to remove dandruff & reduces itching and Hair Loss, also makes scalp clean & clear.